CEO Textilindustrie (m/f/d) G 021-22
The companie is a leading manufacturer of woven garments in Bangladesh. Currently the business employs circa 10,000 people with an annual turnover of $200m, supplying many high street retailers – M&S, H&M, Benetton, Gerry Weber, C&A, Esprit… The business was established in the UK in the early 80’s and has migrated all of its operations to Bangladesh since 2006. There are several expansion projects underway for growth to a turnover of $500m; setting up of a new textile mill for backward integration and further increasing garment production capacity.
Reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Company’s long-term strategy with a view to creating shareholder value. Will be ultimately responsible for all day-to-day management decisions and for implementing the Company’s long and short-term plans. Acts as a direct liaison between the Board and management of the Company and communicates to the Board on behalf of management. Also communicates on behalf of the Company to shareholders, employees, Government authorities, other stakeholders, and the public.
More specifically, the responsibilities of the CEO include the following:
- Managing business operations with focus on top-line & bottom-line performance with expertise in planning strategies, defining targets, resource administration, allocation of resources, optimising operations and managing, guiding, mentoring, and coaching people.
- Managing organisation development by measuring organizational culture, climate, and effectiveness; identifying the levers for change; pinpointing barriers to adaptation, member engagement, and organizational effectiveness; developing strategies for building high-performance cultures; and monitoring change and improvement over time.
- Conceptualising & implementing competitive strategies for growth whilst overseeing management of change in a fast-moving environment.
- Creating and monitoring budget and ensuring that all financial reports are prepared according to accounting principles, whilst ensuring the appropriate evaluation of requests for capital expenditures.
- Exploring and developing new product development, new clients, new markets, product launch, accelerating growth & achieving desired goals.
- Managing the value chain activities (inbound, operations, outbound, marketing & sales, and service) to create competitive advantage.
- Assessing the existing processes and implementing the measures to continuously enhance efficiency.
- Formulating corporate key performance indicator (KPI) design for attaining the strategic goals defined.
- Motivating/driving the organisation while creating a culture that reflects the defined values.
- Overcome the complex business challenges and make high-stakes decisions using experience-backed judgement, strong work ethic and irreproachable integrity.
- Building company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures
- Experience in formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources
- Ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices
- Knowledge of communication and public relation techniques
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to identify and secure funding/revenue sources.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several manufacturing sites.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the apparel industry, of which 3 as CEO
- Background in Engineering
- MBA or others
+49 8151 90080-0
+49 151 288 57 545